The 2019 Bangladesh Premier League has been a brilliant season so far, with a number of twists and turns and several brilliant performances. Comilla Victorians was one of the best teams of the BPL 2019 season so far, finishing 2nd on the points table and eventually making the final. Dhaka Dynamites finished 4th on the table, but fought well through the play-offs to reach the final. We’re expecting an exciting contest.
There are a number of big names involved in these two sides including Andre Russell, Shakib al Hasan, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Evin Lewis, Thisara Perera, Shahid Afridi and others. Clearly, this is going to be one final for the ages. While Comilla has been consistent, Dhaka is coming into the final with some red-hot form. For all you fantasy cricket and Dream11 lovers, keep reading our fantasy preview for the BPL 2019 final.
- Tournament: Bangladesh Premier League 2019
- Date: 8th February 2019, 6:30pm IST
- Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
- Capacity: 25,000+
- Series status: Final
Form (recent first)
- Dhaka Dynamites: W W W L L
- Comilla Victorians: W L W W W
- Shakib al Hasan, Rubel Hossain and Sunil Narine (Dhaka) have 22, 21 and 18 wickets respectively in BPL 2019.
- Mohammad Saifuddin and Shahid Afridi (Comilla) have 18 and 16 wickets respectively in BPL 2019.
- Shakib al Hasan, Andre Russell and Sunil Narine (Dhaka) have 298, 295 and 279 runs respectively in BPL 2019.
- Tamim Iqbal and Even Lewis have 326 and 267 runs respectively in BPL 2019.
- This is Dhaka Dynamites’ third consecutive BPL final.
Let’s remember that Comilla Victorians won both matches against Dhaka Dynamites in the round robin stage of the tournament. However, Dynamites are the most successful BPL team, having won the trophy three times in the past, so they will know exactly how to deal with the pressure of big finals.
For Dhaka, we’re expecting an unchanged line-up unless there are last minute injuries or illnesses. As for Comilla, Liam Dawson could come in for Wahab Riaz to provide an added batting option, while Abu Hider Rony could come in for Sanjit Saha. My wicket-keeper choice is Anamul Haque simply because Nurul Hasan bats too low down the order.
I would generally suggest not making a popular player your captain, but Shakib al Hasan has just been so phenomenal this season. Everything he’s touched has turned to gold, so I’ll choose him as my captain among the three massive all-rounders in the Dhaka team. I’ve dropped Andre Russell to give myself a Comilla opportunity in Shahid Afridi.
My fantasy eleven
For more updates cricketing news from around the world, keep reading ReadScoops.com.
- Sports Scoops
- Entertainment Scoops
- Best online poker rooms in India
- Exclusive Read Scoops interviews
- How to get FREE live streaming with 1xBET