Manchester City just need 15 points from their last 10 matches to wrap up an emphatic title triumph. With the league title already gone, the race hots up for the Champions League spots with just 4 points separating the 3 teams below Manchester City.
Burnley vs Everton
- Burnley are winless in their last 5 PL matches with 3 draws and 2 losses.
- Both teams have won the same number of PL matches so far – 9 wins.
- There have been no draws in the last seven PL meetings between these sides with Everton winning 4 and Burnley winning 3.
- Both teams are fighting out for a Europa League spot for the next season.
Leicester City vs AFC Bournemouth
- Leicester have won just once in their last 5 PL matches whereas Bournemouth have lost just once.
- Leicester haven’t won against Bournemouth in their last 5 meetings although they have lost just one of their last 8 PL home games.
- 11 of the last 12 PL goals scored by Bournemouth have come in the second half.
- Leicester will be targeting a Europa League spot after missing it out last season.
Southampton vs Stoke City
- Both teams have really struggled and have identical stats in their last 5 PL matches – 1 Win, 1 Loss & 3 Draws.
- Stoke City have won their last 2 league visits to Southampton.
- Both teams are fighting for survival and every point will be precious from now on as only 1 point separates the 2 sides.
Swansea City vs West Ham United
- Ever since the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal, Swansea have managed 3 wins and a draw in their last 5 PL games whereas West Ham have won just once.
- Swansea have won their last 3 home PL matches for the first time since May 2016.
- West Ham are unbeaten in 4 PL visits to the Liberty Stadium.
- West Ham have scored in their last 11 PL matches.
- With just 3 points separating the teams, a win for Swansea can shift the balance in their fight for survival and continue their mini resurgence under the eccentric Carlos Carvalhal.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Huddersfield Town
- After a run of consecutive losses, Huddersfield have won their last 2 PL games.
- Spurs have won their last 15 PL matches against promoted sides.
- Spurs are on a 10 match unbeaten run in the Premier League.
- If Harry Kane scores, he will be the third player to score 25+ PL goals in three consecutive seasons, after Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry.
Watford vs West Bromwich Albion
- After a string of poor results, Watford are back on track with 2 wins in their last 5 whereas West Brom look well set for the drop with 4 losses on the trot.
- Watford have lost only one of their 5 PL meetings with West Brom.
- Watford will be looking to win a third successive PL home match for the first time since April 2017 while West Brom have not lost 5 in a row since January 2011.
- Chris Brunt of West Brom has provided 6 assists so far without scoring himself, a record in the PL so far.
Liverpool vs Newcastle United
- Both teams have 1 loss in their last 5 matches with Liverpool winning 3 while Newcastle just once.
- Liverpool have scored more PL goals against Newcastle than any other side in the competition (89). They have scored in their last 21 home games against Newcastle, 22 would be a PL record.
- Salah has been in devastating form for Liverpool with 23 goals and 8 assists so far.
- All 3 of Rafa Benitez’s PL matches against his former side Liverpool have finished as draws.
Brighton and Hove Albion vs Arsenal
- Brighton have scored 8 points in their last 5 matches while Arsenal have 6.
- Arsenal have lost 9 PL games so far while losing both home matches against the Manchester sides.
- If Brighton win, Chris Houghton could become only the third manager to beat Arsene Wenger with 3 different clubs.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 34 PL matches against promoted sides.
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United
- Palace are winless in their last 5 matches whereas United have won 3 and lost 2.
- Palace haven’t won against United in their 17 meetings, a PL record for a team without a single victory.
- Paul Pogba has scored in both of his matches, home and away against Palace.
- Palace have the best win rate in a Monday PL match than any other side – 8 wins in 23.
Game of the Week: Manchester City vs Chelsea
- Runaway leaders Manchester City have won 4 of their last 5 matches while Chelsea have lost 3 games.
- City have won their last 13 PL home matches, scoring at least twice each time, the record is 14 by Liverpool.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 5 goals in his last 4 PL matches against Chelsea.
- City have scored a whopping 82 goals so far, averaging 2.93 per game!
- Another win for City will take them one step closer to the title.
That’s it for the week guys. Stay tuned for more football news as we will cover the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 return leg fixtures. If you like what you’ve read, check out more stuff: